Bit Blaster XL
A downloadable game
A throwback to the classic quarter eating arcade games of the 80's. Bit Blaster XL is a retro styled, addictive, and fast paced arcade shoot 'em up!
• Easy to learn, simple arcade style Controls to turn your ship, boost, and brake. Keyboard + Gamepad Support. (not a twin stick shooter)
• A variety of wicked Power ups like Split Shot, Heat seekers, Lasers, and much more to assist your survival.
• Screen clearing Bombs, Ship Shields and Boost Pickups to help you survive longer.
• Collect coins to unlock new ships with unique attributes to give you an edge in battle.
• Endless survival (infinite) score chasing game play with a classic 'bullet hell'-like arcade style.
• Totally rad and ridiculously basic retro pixel Graphics.
• Featuring gameplay directly inspired by some of my favorites, such as; Luftrausers, Asteroids, Space Invaders, Galaxian and Geometry Wars.
• Unique chip tune songs for each ship by Spiff Tune.
• An alternate Manual Fire mode for those that want a different experience.
• Your ship can not stop moving; so you must turn it left and right and use your boost/brake to keep from crashing into an ever increasing amount of enemies.
• Your ship is always shooting, so make sure to pick up more ammo and the wide variety of awesome power ups and pick ups to help you survive longer.
• Get the highest score you can while collecting coins to buy more ships that are faster, shoot faster, or have more shields.
The in game audio/SFX was provided by my mouth and some royalty free SFX from FreeSFX. The soundtrack is by the artist "Spiff Tune"
Thanks for playing my game, I really hope you have some fun with it. Please don't hesitate to contact me with ANY feedback. :)
AVAILABLE ON STEAM:
AVAILABLE ON WINDOWS STORE:
|Published||Feb 17, 2017|
|Tags||Arcade, Bullet Hell, Casual, Controller, indie, Pixel Art, Retro, Score Attack, Shoot 'Em Up|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Gamepad (any)|
|Links||Steam, Homepage, Twitter, Soundtrack|
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.